These muffins are a re-make of my whole wheat pumpkin muffins that I LOVED before I went gluten-free to resolve a pretty severe gluten intolerance. I love what going off gluten has done for my body and mind, so I’d never go back, but sometimes… you just want a muffin. These are amazing and can fit pretty much any diet.
- 1 c chickpea flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1.25 c rolled oats (I used Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds + 3 tbsp water [or just use 1 egg]
- 1 can pumpkin or 2 cups roasted pumpkin puree
- 1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 c sugar-free maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c almond milk or water
- Cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and any other spices desired, to taste. I like a lot of cinnamon!
Mix up your ingredients and bake at 400 for 18-20 minutes. Each muffin has 125 calories, 6g protein, and 5g fiber. Enjoy!